The Flying Scotsman has become a true legend of the rail world. Destined for fame from the very beginning, Flying Scotsman entered service in 1923 as the figurehead of the Kings Cross to Edinburgh express service, and has since broken numerous records including being the first steam locomotive to top 100mph, way back in 1934.
Designed by Sir Nigel Gresley, this 97-ton A3-class locomotive has remained an icon, hauling express passenger trains for 40 years and remaining incredibly busy even after retirement. Flying Scotsman has toured the world, breaking more records along the way, and over 80 years after entering service is in the care of the National Railway Museum in York.
- Pegler Flying Scotsman in LNER Apple Green livery with double tender
- 4472 Flying Scotsman in LNER Apple Green livery with single tender
- 60103 Flying Scotsman in BR Brunswick Green livery with single tender
- BR Mk1 coaches in ‘Blood and Custard’ livery
- Five scenarios
- Free Roam at Newcastle - click on a locomotive to drive it
- Free Roam at Paddington - click on a locomotive to drive it
- Time to Retire (Career System scenario) - It is 1962 and British Rail is committed to the new diesel fleet. As a special farewell, 60103 has been brought in to haul the daily Flying Scotsman train as far as Newcastle.
- Time on the Tyne (Career System scenario) - Flying Scotsman is touring the country prior to leaving for the USA. Your job today is to take a private charter from Newcastle to Darlington.
- Scotsman in the Snow (Career System scenario) - Flying Scotsman has just arrived at Didcot Parkway on a Plymouth to Paddington rail tour. You are to take the locomotive and its train from Didcot to Paddington. It is late evening, the sun is going own and there is snow on the ground – let’s make this a trip to remember!
- 2.4GHz PC or any Dual Core
- 512Mb RAM (1Gb for Vista)
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
- 128Mb graphics card (GeForce 4, ATI Radeon 8500 or better)
- DirectX 9 compatible sound card
- 600Mb hard drive space
Note: Internet access is required for activation.
Usual Price: $22.45
Special Offer Price $14.99
Earn 184 points with this purchase