NEW ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
The most requested feature has now arrived! Experience Railway Simulator online and operate a working rail line with other Trainz enthusiasts all around the world – work as a team to ensure that trains are routed to their correct destinations, transport oil, coal, lumber, and other essential services between the interactive industries.
Assemble consists in the yards, haul heavy freight trains between industries, and pick up passengers from stations along the many varied and interesting routes from around the world.
- Mojave Sub Division - A prototypical US freight route set in the 1990s, including a selection of ATSF and SP diesels such as the GP60M, B40-8W, SD40T and SD45. Over sixty miles of challenging driving through the Californian desert.
- ECML Kings Cross - Newcastle - An improved and extended version of the prototypical British route you know and love from TS2010, set in the 1970s 'blue diesel' era.
- Balezino - Mosti - An incredibly detailed fictional route set in the Russia's modern era. This route features electric locomotives and provides an excellent in-cab driving experience.
- Southern China - Set in China's modern era, this fictional but stunningly realistic route features diesel locomotives such as the DF7C, ND5, DF11, and DF11G.
- Municipal transit railway - A fictional North American city with streetcars and an elevated commuter railroad.
- Norfolk & Western - Appalachian Coal - A late 1950s route with long coal trains and articulated steam locos and featuring a true icon of North American steam - the N&W Y6b 2-8-8-2.
- Debrecen - Nyiredyhaza - A prototypical Hungarian route set in the modern era. This route features both electric and diesel locomotives and provides an excellent in-cab driving experience.
- Northeast Corridor - Wilmington To Philadelphia - Thirty miles of route through dense urban landscape on the premier U.S. passenger mainline, Amtrak's North East Corridor. Set in the modern era.
Amongst a variety of other improvements, Railway Simulator features the following major items:
Satellite View - The free-roaming camera can now be seamlessly zoomed beyond the traditional ~300m viewing distance, all the way up to the ~10km range previously only afforded by the separate map view.
Doppler - In an overhaul of the sound system, Doppler calculations are now included for added realism.
- New and Improved SpeedTree content.
- New high-quality locos, stock, and cabs, including:
--- North American - N&W Y6B 2-8-8-2, EMD SD45 (ATSF and SP livery), GE C30-7 (ATSF livery), EMD GP60M and GP60B (ATSF livery), EMD SD40T-2 (SP livery), GE B40-8W (ATSF livery)
--- Hungarian - MAV M41, MAV M44, MAV V43, MAV V63
--- Chinese - DF7C
--- Russian - TBD.
--- and many more!
- New industrial buildings, including a large hydroelectric dam
- Downtown buildings
- Timber-framed buildings
BUILD YOUR OWN ROUTES
Jump in to the Surveyor and create your own virtual Trainz world. Mould the terrain by pushing and pulling up the hills and valleys, lay the track, place stations and industries, buildings, trees and other scenic details.
BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE WITH TS2010 CONTENT
Railway Simulator will work out of the box with content created for Trainz Simulator 2010.
ALL MODULES INCLUDED
Use all of the Trainz game modules - Driver, Surveyor and Railyard.